Practices for the 2016-17 Penn High School’s Fall Athletic Programs – with the exception of girls golf – are schedule to start on Monday, Aug. 1. Girls golf will have its first practice on Friday, July 29.
“Penn’s Athletic Programs have carved out a special legacy with their effort and achievement,” Penn High School Athletic Director Aaron Leniski said. “Last year, Penn teams won sectionals in 16 of 19 IHSAA-sanctioned sports. The Kingsmen captured team sectional championships in five Fall sports. Our football, girls soccer, girls golf and girls cross country teams all advanced to state championship events.
“We look forward to building on the successes of one of Indiana’s great high school athletic traditions in 2016-17, and cheering on our student-athletes to new achievements,” Leniski continued. “We are also grateful for the efforts of our coaches and support staff, and the outstanding community support that our teams receive.”
First practices set for Monday, Aug. 1, for Penn’s IHSAA-sanctioned sports teams are:
· BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: 6:30-8 a.m., Penn Track.
· VARSITY/JV FOOTBALL: 8:30 a.m. to noon, Freed Field and the Practice Field.
· FRESHMAN FOOTBALL: 8 a.m. to noon, Freed Field and the Practice Field.
· BOYS SOCCER: 7-8:30 a.m., Penn Soccer Fields.
· GIRLS SOCCER: 7-8:30 a.m., Tryouts/Penn Soccer Fields.
· BOYS TENNIS: 9-11 a.m., Family Tennis Courts.
· VARSITY/JV VOLLEYBALL: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tryouts/Arena/West Balcony/Auxiliary Gym.
· FRESHMAN VOLLEYBALL: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tryouts/Arena/West Balcony/Auxiliary Gym.
The first practice for the Penn girls golf team is at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, July 29, at Blackthorn Golf Club.
All Practices are subject to change.