Adverse weather conditions that have hit the northern Indiana area this week have forced the postponement or cancellation of numerous athletics events.
- VARSITY/JV BOYS BASKETBALL: The high school Boys Basketball showdown featuring Northern Indiana unbeatens Penn (13-2 overall, 7-0 NIC) at South Bend Riley (14-2, 7-0), has been postponed from Thursday, Jan. 31, 2019, to Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019. The JV start is set for 1 p.m., with a 3 p.m. Varsity start.
- GIRLS BASKETBALL: Sectional Games originally scheduled for Tuesday (Jan. 29, 2019) and Wednesday (Jan. 30, 2019), including Penn’s first-round match against Clay, will now be part of a tripleheader on Friday (Feb. 1, 2019) at Mishawaka. Penn (21-0) is scheduled to play South Bend Clay (6-16) at 8 p.m. in the third game on Friday (Feb. 1, 2019). Host Mishawaka (7-16) will now play South Bend Riley (5-16) at 5 p.m. on Friday (Feb. 1, 2019). South Bend St. Joseph (15-7) plays South Bend Adams (5-16) at 6:30 p.m. in the second game on Friday Feb. 1, 2019). Semifinal action has been moved to Saturday, Feb. 2. LaPorte (15-7) plays the Mishawaka-Riley winner at 6:30 p.m., and Friday’s winners will play at 8 p.m. Championship action has been set for 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 4.
- GIRLS SWIMMING: The preliminaries of the Girls Swim/Dive Sectional at Mishawaka have been moved from Thursday, Jan. 31, to 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1. Sectional events at Mishawaka for Saturday, Feb. 2, are still set for 9 a.m., with the Finals at 1 p.m.
- WRESTLING: There have been no changes to the Wrestling Regional hosted by Penn. Action is set to start at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- FRESHMEN BOYS BASKETBALL: Games this week against Plymouth, Mishawaka and Concord were all cancelled and are unlikely to be rescheduled.