Penn’s Kingsmen gained the edge in the Northern Indiana Conference regular-season competition with a heart-thumping 38-33 victory against arch-rival Mishawaka in a meeting of league unbeatens on Wednesday, Dec. 13.
Logan Hill and Colin Wilson turned in stunning rallies to post crucial victories for the Kingsmen.
Hill (132) rallied for a 10-8 in the final seconds, and Wilson (160) fought back from a 3-0 deficit for a pin in 5:45.
Tanner DeMien (126) and Adam Berta (220) each struck for lightning-quick pins in less than a minute. DeMien pinned his Mishawaka rival in :57, and Berta got his stick in :52.
Preston Risner (138) and Rockne Hurley (195) each contributed major decisions.
Noah Brown (170) and won critical points with a 13-8 decisions.
- 120: Vince Sparrow pin, 2:58.
- 126: Tanner DeMien pin, :57.
- 132: Logan Hill 10-8 decision.
- 138: Preston Risner 17-5 major decision.
- 160: Colin Wilson pin, 5:45.
- 170: Noah Brown 13-8 decision.
- 195: Rockne Hurley 11-2 major decision.
- 220: Adam Berta pin, :52.